The Primary Contact is the main point of contact at the member organization or group membership. They can assign roles to people in the organization. This is the contact that will appear in the organization directory. There can only be one contact assigned as the Primary Contact per Membership. The primary is the owner.
Accessing Role Management in the Member Portal
1. From the member portal, click on "My Account" in the main menu.
2. Then click on "Role Manager."
3. On the Role Manager tab you can see the memberships you are managing on behalf of the organization or group.
Add a Contact to a Role
7. Click the "Add Contact Role" button.
8. Find the contact attached to this organization with this membership category. Select the role or roles you want to assign to the contact. Then click "Update."
IMPORTANT NOTE: You can only assign one contact as the Primary.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You can click the option "Do you want to CC the Secondary on all emails that are sent to the Primary contact?" so the secondary contact can manage the membership on behalf of the primary. The secondary contact now has their own contact record with their own login credentials.
Edit a Contact Role
1. On the Role Management page, on the membership, you want to adjust the roles. Find the contact within the role list and click on "Edit Roles."
2. Then check the roles you want to be assigned for that contact or uncheck to roles you do not want to be assigned for that contact.
3. Then click "Update" to save your work.