Enabling Automated Recurring Billing is one of the strongest techniques available to create a sustainable improvement to membership renewal rates, and Member365 makes it easy.
Here’s how to do it:
Accessing Membership Categories
1. From the Member365 Administrator Dashboard, click ‘Membership’ on the bar at the top of the screen.
2. Click ‘Category Setup’ on the submenu on the left side of the page that follows.
3. Find the membership category you want to add the Automated Recurring Billing, either by typing its name into the search bar or by locating it in the list and click its name.
Setting Up ARB
The first step required to set up ARB for a Membership Category is to ensure that Credit Cards are accepted as a payment method for Membership Fees.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You should NOT use ARB for fee categories or unit calculator type memberships. It is intended to work only on flat-fee memberships.
To do so, follow the steps below:
Ensuring Credit Card Fee Payments are Enabled
4. Click the ‘Fees‘ tab in your Membership Category settings
5. Scroll down to ‘Payment Types’ and ensure that ‘Credit Card’ is checked.
With credit card payments enabled, it’s time to turn to enable ARB. Here’s how:
6. Scroll down to the 'Automated Recurring Billing' section.
8. In this section, toggle the ‘Do you want to enable Automated Recurring Billing‘ to 'YES' (blue).
9. If you would like to make ARB required to pay membership fees, set ‘Do you want to enforce Automated Recurring Billing‘ to 'YES' (blue).
10. If you toggle on Enforce ARB you then have the option to toggle on 'Do you want to allow members to opt-out of enforced ARB?'
- When ON (YES): Members will be able to opt-out of enforced ARB from the member portal area.
- When OFF(NO): Members will not be able to opt-out of enforced ARB from the member portal.
11. Click 'Save Membership' to save your work.
Congratulations! You’ve enabled ARB for this Membership Category. Remember to repeat these steps for all categories you would like ARB to be enabled for.