This article will guide you through changing a user’s automated billing settings between monthly or yearly billing for membership renewal. First, you must select the membership category that will be subject to renewal and enable automated recurring billing (ARB) for that category. Then you will impersonate the member and toggle the setting. If you wish to provide instructions to members on making the switch themselves, they can be given the procedure starting at step 8.
Accessing Membership Categories
1. From the Member365 Administrator Dashboard, click ‘Membership’ on the bar at the top of the screen.
2. Click ‘Category Setup’ in the dropdown.
3. Find the membership category you are looking to switch ARB for, either by typing its name into the search bar or by locating it in the list and click its name.
Enabling Automated Billing
5. Click the ‘Fees, Payment Methods, Taxes‘ tab, Scroll down to the Automated Recurring Billing section and Toggle 'Do you want to enable automated recurring billing (ARB)?' to YES (Blue). Click 'Save Membership' to save your update.
Impersonating a Member
6. Click the ‘Search Contacts‘ bar and enter the name of the contact to whom you would like to assign an event registration. Click their name once it appears.
7. On their contact profile, click the ‘Impersonate‘ button on the left-hand side; click ‘Continue‘ in the prompt that appears.
Toggling Billing Frequency
8. In the Member Portal, click ‘My Account‘ on the top bar and then click ‘Membership. ‘
9. Find the membership for which you wish to change the setting. You will see either ‘Subscribe to Automated Recurring Billing‘ if the current payment method is monthly billing, or ‘Change this setting‘ if the current payment method is yearly billing. Click this link and click ‘Confirm‘ in the dialogue that appears to toggle this setting.
Monthly billing is currently enabled here:
Yearly billing is currently enabled here:
Congratulations, you have toggled this membership’s billing frequency!