This article will show you how to charge each applicant a custom amount for their Membership Dues!
Configure the Approval Workflow
As started in the warning above, you Membership Category must require approval if you want to use the ‘Administrator Provided’ Fee Structure.
1. Consult this Knowledge Base article to locate your Membership Category, and to configure applications to require approval.
2. Consult this Knowledge Base article to learn about the ‘Workflow’ tab. You must choose to Collect Payment ‘After Approval’ for this membership type to function correctly.
3. Since we are using Administrator Provided Membership fees, you will want to ‘Approve Renewals’ as well.
Administrator Provided Fees
Now that we have configured our Membership Category for pre-approval, we can enable Administrator Provided Membership Fees.
4. Click the ‘Fees’ tab.
5. Choose ‘Administrator Provided’ from the list of Fee Formats. The rest of the Fees tab can be configured however you like! Consult this Knowledge Base article if any settings are unclear.
6. Remember to click ‘Publish’ at the bottom of the screen to confirm your changes.
Administering Custom Fees
Now that we have configured a Membership Category to use Administrator Provided Fees, let’s go over how you will assign these custom fees to your applicants!
7. When a Contact submits their Membership Application, you will receive an alert on your dashboard for ‘Applications Pending Review’.
8. Click the alert, then locate the application you wish to review from the list. On the application’s right-hand side, click the button labeled ‘Review’.
9. On this following page, the Membership Fee can be edited! The base value you entered in Step 5 will be there by default, but change the number to anything you would like then click ‘Save’.
Upon clicking ‘Pre-Approve’, your applicant will be issued their Membership Invoice, equalling the amount that you specified in the ‘Fee: $’ field.
Congratulations, you now know how and when to use the ‘Administrator Provided’ Fee Structure!